You want to sell your house, and you want to get top dollar.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house”?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top dollar that the market will bear:
*Please note that the following instructions assume that you’re looking to obtain full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t wish to or are unable to perform the tasks outlined, no worries! We can still provide a fast and fair win-win offer that’ll help you save both time and money.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Make your house spotless before you showcase it to potential buyers. Even if it’s vacant, it still accumulates dust and grime, and leaving it that way won’t attract buyers. If you’re not into cleaning, then hire someone who is. If you’re a messy person, consider temporarily living somewhere else while your house is on the market. You may even want to swap homes with your ultra-clean friend. Remember, a clean house is inviting and will make buyers feel at ease, while a dirty one will make them quickly turn away.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. Transforming a space doesn’t have to mean settling for bland off-white walls. In fact, subtle colors can completely alter your perception of a room. Try a soft yellow to brighten up a dark kitchen, or a calming dark blue or green to turn your bedroom into a peaceful haven. Just be mindful that while darker colors can create a cozy vibe, they can also make spaces feel smaller. To ensure a high-quality outcome, invest in professional services and top-notch paint. Studies show that the right color palette can increase a property’s market value, creating an impression of superior craftsmanship. Optical illusions are no joke, and experts agree. Don’t overlook the exterior and ignore interior balance.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Investing a few hundred dollars more in a high-quality dishwasher might seem like a waste of money, especially if you plan to sell your home. However, scrimping on essential maintenance can cost you more in the long run. Prospective homebuyers will likely conduct a thorough inspection, and if they find an issue, they might use it to negotiate a lower price or demand repairs. Trying to hide neglectful upkeep can lead to fraud allegations, which can only add to your overall expenses. So why not ensure that your home’s appliances are in great shape and avoid any unpleasant surprises?
Stay compliant with laws and protect your investment by hiring a home inspector before selling your property. For an affordable fee, they can provide a thorough report on the condition of your home after minor repairs have been made. Potential buyers will feel at ease with an independent assessment and be more likely to make an offer.
4) Make only necessary improvements. “Attention home sellers: Don’t make the costly mistake of over-improving your property! Customized frills may seem appealing, but they often can’t be recovered in the sale. Stick to smart investments, like a fresh coat of paint, and avoid overspending or getting ripped off by contractors. Make sure you know which renovations will bring a return on investment to avoid wasting your hard-earned cash.”
5) Get expert opinions. Find honest real estate brokers to help you price your property, but don’t lie if you plan to market it yourself. Quality brokers bring more value to their clients than their paychecks. Don’t miss out on their expertise.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn their value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of the pack. If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your House Fast?
Maximizing your profits from selling your house is the ultimate goal, but not everyone has the resources or desire to undertake the necessary repairs, upgrades and marketing activities needed to achieve the highest retail value. These tasks are time-consuming and require significant financial investment.
If you have the funds and patience to handle these tasks and wait for 3-9 months to sell in the current market, then listing your property on the MLS could be the smarter option for you and your finances.
However, if you are short on funds, and can’t wait for months to close a deal, we have the perfect solution for you. Our local house buying service offers fast cash transactions and hassle-free evaluations of your property. Simply submit your house details on our website, and we will make you a fair all-cash offer. We can even close the deal in as little as seven days if you require.
Compare the cost, stress, and time involved in executing these activities on your own, to what we pay for doing nothing at all. We offer you a choice between two options, but the better one depends on you. So why ask “what do I need to do to sell my house” when you have two solid options to choose from?
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar.
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property, we can help you. We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.